Saturday, January 27, 2024

The Nights are Good

I went outside last night to feed the critters and saw the white eyes of six foxes waiting for me to put the bowls and hot dogs out. They are pretty much in the same places each night. One by the side by side, one comes up the driveway, a couple up on the hill on the driveway just before the mud huts and one or two come up from the river. As I was delivering hot dogs in various places I heard a noise. I looked up and there was our friend the ringtail. I haven't seen her in months. She was at the top of the same pole she was always on. I threw a hot dogs to her and she caught it first time as she always has. She ate the hot dog, looked down at Jax on the side walke as she always has and then she closed her eyes and went to sleep. Wherever she's been for the last four or five months she looks exhausted.
The night sky is starting to show up again. It's not very bright up there in the winter but it's lighting up now.

No comments: