Monday, October 22, 2018

I Guess It's Your Perspective

Guests in a Jeep pull up and get out looking like they have been through a war. They give me a little grief about how bad the road is (it isn't) and say they can't believe they made it and thankfully they had four wheel drive which they were in the whole way here. I haven't used it in years. They are concerned with them barely making it that their friend who is coming later (also in a jeep) will never make it in the dark. I suggest that perhaps this isn't the place for them or their friend but if they want let's have their friend call from town and I'll go meet him halfway and he can follow me to the lodge. I get five more minutes of how dangerous it will be for him, despite following me, and then they still have to drive out again in two days. I suggest perhaps they should go and stay in town and if they'll cancel the reservation, when the request comes in, I'll ask HomeAway to refund all their money (versus having to listen to them talk about their near death experience again).
They drive off for town and to save their friend's life. Not long after a Chevy Malibu and another passenger car, neither with ground clearance or four wheel drive show up. I ask about the road and they both say "It was great. No problem."

No comments: