Thursday, June 29, 2023

Three Trees and Other Things

There use to be three trees up on the embankment below the lodge and with the rains of the last few years and the creek sides getting washed away two of them have moved well out into the creek bed. Even though there's no rain now the embankments are still crumbling and the third tree is about to join the other two.
Somebody came by a while back and ask if I had a map of Bears Ears. I said no, it was 30 miles away. They said, you're in Bears Ears. I went online and couldn't find any solid boundaries for the north end. Obama created it on one of his last days in office, Trump shrank it on one of his early days in office, and Biden brought it back to Obama boundaries and expanded it. Says it's now a joint venture between the BLM, not Black Lives Matter, and the Forest Service. I emailed the BLM and ask if I was in Bears Ears? They weren't sure. After some checking they said it now goes all the way up to Hurrah Pass. Since my property is on both sides of the road going up to Hurrah it sounds like it is. I swung by the Forest Servie building in Moab a week or so ago and ask them. They didn't know but knew somebody that did, called them and they didn't know but knew somebody that did, called them and they said yes. Nobody yet seems to know where the northern boundary is yet, at least not for sure.
Side by sides are still going fast by the property and more and more going off road and tearing things up. I called SITLA and ask if they were going to put fences up coming down this side of Hurrah Pass like they did the other side and they said some day but have other priorities right now so I might just fence it all myself. Then I called the county and ask them if there was a grader in my future to make a pass up and down Hurrah. It's not bad yet but there are getting to be a couple spots here and there that coule use some work. They said they have about finished grading all the roads that were impassable so yes it's in my future but couldn't give me a firm timetable. In the meantime both sides of the Hurrah Pass sign have turned into commercials.
Linda sent me this which is probably a good idea.

No comments: