Thursday, July 29, 2021

Ghost Fox

 Sometimes I'll be sitting with guests on one of the porches or gravity chairs in the parking area watching the critters or the night sky and guests will ask what have I seen in the night sky? Have I seen UFOs? There's no point commenting one way or the other because if they believe they already know and if they don't and you say yes then they look at you different so generally I don't comment. However I have an update of sorts to something that happened a year or two ago and was posted here on the blog. I can't find the original picture so I have to take it off the blog and it's not as well defined. Jax and I were walking around in some rocks I call the predator rocks across the driveway. I've followed bobcat, raccoon, fox, and coyote footprints in this area and about once a year you hear a scream up there and it's a final scream. Something just died. As we were hiking about below Jax and I looked up and saw a fox trying to get at a squirrel or something, white tailed antelope squirrel as I recall based on the help cry it was making. We watched for five or so minutes as the fox we saw, and the only fox we saw, was the one standing up lower left in the picture.

When I posted it on the blog some people responded with there are three foxes in the picture. I see them now too but they weren't there when Jax and I were watching. There was one fox that we watched walk around. The other two and even the one we saw from the picture appear to be see through, semi invisible, fox ghosts. I'd be 100% comfortable not knowing the answer to this and leaving it lay but earlier this month, as darkness fell, I opened the hall way door to get food out for the critters and a gray fox, see through, ran out of the hallway, right by me, and out the front door. I could see through it. I could see the food containers as it ran by them. No one saw it run out the front door. I went and got Linny and Linda and brought them over to show them what I saw and I had seen similar in this picture from a few years ago. I went outside with the food, set it on the raccoon side of the porch, and as I got up I could see a couple of gray foxes in the parking lot waiting for a hot dog or two. Someone said "You ever watch something in the night sky you want to tell us about." and I said "No, but I did just witness a see through fox run out the hallway and out the front door." I don't know, but that's what I saw.

No comments: