Saturday, July 3, 2021

Airbnb Update

Airbnb sends me an email saying my bookings are down. I remind them they blocked my calendar and I haven't had any airbnb bookings in a couple months so if they're concerned about the booking amounts they should get rid of the mask requirement. The lady tells me she'll send the request up the ladder. 

A few days later I get an email from airbnb saying my request to be reinstated is denied unless I go by the safety guidelines to include wearing a mask. I tell them that's never going to happen and she sends me an email saying if I'm not going to wear a mask then perhaps they should cancel the rest of the reservations that are already made. I remind them masks are not required in Utah, not required in my county, not required in Moab, just on airbnb defying the CDC guidelines which say they are all but useless. Call me when you get it together and maybe I'll come back.

Then one day I'm responding to someone that has a booking on airbnb already and I notice the guidelines have changed. Not it says wear a mask if required by local laws and regulations. We're still full but it's fallen to about ten days ahead. I can go back on airbnb but we're all exhausted and if things slow down a little we could probably benefit with some time off so not sure what I'll do yet. Every single month is year has been an all time record income wise so it's hard to give that up.


No comments: