Wednesday, September 11, 2019

A Planned Day, That Somebody Changed

I checked the weather the night before. In the 80s. My chance to finish the garage over here to get stuff back in since way back before the movie when it all got moved out and then right when they left it got hot. I never got it done. Finish pumping water to put in the cisterns. A personal laundry day. Finish work on the front porch west side where the squirrels have dug a new tunnel and filled up the skunks eating spot with sand. Will be a wonderful day to get all that done.

It rained, it got hot, it rained, it got hot. Kobae periodically checked the fence out looking for weak spots to escape. Then it rained again. I hadn't seen Kobae checking out the fence for awhile and I thought he gave up. Good. Time to get going on my projects. The truck battery is dead. Got it charging. I go back inside to work on reservations and lightning struck out in Kobae's pen somewhere and at the same time in my head. The reason I haven't seen Kobae is because he escaped.

I head out into the pen to check the fence line. It's crinkled and there are tracks on the outside heading to the driveway.

After tracking him for half an hour all over the place he's headed into the dead end that I use to be able to lift him over the ledge, but no more. Got him.

Good, looks like he's going to be awhile. I can run back get a canteen, gloves, book, and my stuff to go hiking. When I get back, he's gone but no tracks coming out of the dead end canyon. In the next picture top center under the overhang and between the rock formation and the rock that has broken there is the narrowest of trails and somehow Kobae's tracks go up it. I've spent a lot of time over the years looking for a way out since I can't lift him over the overhang anymore and Kobae has found a way. I get to the top, barely fit, and there's Kobae hiking along.

We hike for a couple hours head back to the lodge just before dark and with a head lamp on I'm out well into the night working on the fence. I have a blood draw this morning and I'm nervous about being gone for four or five hours with him checking out the fence, but I walked the whole thing. I think I got it.

No comments: