Sunday, January 25, 2015

The Search: (Dripping Springs Mine)

Four or so years ago I hiked into a mine down Lockhart Basin and found 50 plus year old dynamite in it. I let the BLM know and a year or two ago they blew it up. Five or so years ago I hiked into some mines back in Dripping Springs with a father and his three sons. Electrical storm came up and with lightning everywhere we retreated into the mines to set it out. I took a picture of the family sitting on a box with a flash. When I downloaded it onto the Mac later that night I saw the box was labeled dynamite. I let the BLM know but never followed up. I was back in that area twice last year and hiked up to the mine but didn't have a flashlight allowing me to go further into the mine to see if the box was still there so it's bothered me over the winter somebody might have an issue in there someday. Erich and I are exploring the Dripping Springs mine to see if we can find any sign of the box labeled dynamite.

No comments: