Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Broken Promise

I've noticed a few vehicles coming down from Hurrah Pass and going back up a short time later. Almost every vehicle that comes over Hurrah is going to the Wind Caves and or Chicken Corner. When they are all headed back up less than an hour later it tells me the trail to Chicken Corner is closed off again. I spoke with the cowboys that are running cattle out here ten days ago that when they pull their fence across the road and don't put a sign up people think the road is closed and turn around and go back. For tourists coming into Moab who rent vehicles and then come all the way out here they're getting a bad deal not being able to complete their journey. The cowboys told me they would put a sign up letting people know they could go through but to close the gate once they did. Never thought I'd have to worry about cowboys keeping their word.

No comments: