Sunday, February 13, 2022

False Chicken Corner

 Jax and I have extended the grid search all the way to False Chicken Corner about 1.5 miles from Chicken Corner. There's a lot of land between False Chicken Corner and the real Chicken Corner so I don't know if we're going to make that this year. There are lots of pockets in between that still need a going over.


Next weekend is a three day weekend and we're full. The following week has some vacancy but it's getting there. By the 4th of March we're 80% full and a lot of days 100% full all the way to Memorial Day. Still some gaps but filling a gap or two every day.
Things are coming together really well. My friend, maybe you've heard of him, Elon Musk, I've never met him but I got a package from him Friday. Either it's a gift or my Star Link satellite dish that I signed up for middle of last year has arrived. While Hughes Net has just bumped up their monthly allotment per dish to 150 Gigs per month before slowing you down they also bumped up the price. I have five of them spread around the property making my internet bill right at $1,000 per month. I was starting to think Elon might have forgot about me but apparently not.

This next picture is looking through The Saddle in the opposite direction from what you see at the lodge and the lower point across the river is Thelma and Louis Point. Usually when I rent out one of the side by sides I tell guys to drive out here because the last time women drove it didn't go well. It's sarcasm don't send me emails and stuff.



No comments: