Thursday, November 25, 2021

The Return

 We got in around midnight to the lodge and went right to sleep. Jax never slept the whole 12 hours on the way there or back. I built him a bed in the front seat with elevation so he could see where we were going the whole time and he was interested. He hardly moved until we got about three exits from the turn off in San Diego on I-15 and then he knew where we were. Same on the way back. Wasn't till we hit the turnoff on I-70 to Moab that he got interested. We hiked around the property and it looks the best it ever has. They've cleaned out both garages. Cleared weeds everywhere, boat house, big garage, pond in front of the house, it looks really nice and tells me they are self motivators. It's first time I haven't been here since they started working here. Rain should be over so the beach is good for kayaks. Two paddles and three life jackets are missing from the start of the season, couple kayaks have leaks in them again from being dragged down the boat ramp and a couple jackets are torn. It's hard to buy that stuff here so when I go back to get Kobae in late February I'll bring it all back with me.


I'm feeling really good about Nate and Collin and so had business cards printed for them. I've been going  through the real estate listing in SE Utah for the last couple nights and have a few things I'm going to go look at in case the property on the hill doesn't work out. Even if I wind up staying here I could take guests out each day and still be doing the things I'd like to do as well and it would take the lodge back to the days when the guests got more individual attention away from the lodge.


Full completely for Thanksgiving and then not many bookings until Christmas so if somebody would like to go exploring and see some incredible stuff I'm mostly open for the next month at least.



No comments: