Monday, March 15, 2021

Sunday: Round Three

 Jax and I head out to watch some disc golf and they are everywhere. I had heard the day sign up happened online that the 75 slots sold out in four minutes, then someone said it was three minutes and then I ran into a player who said he watched it online and it sold out in a minute and a half. Almost a sign up per second. As it turned out it got expanded to 80 and 10 plus more showed up just in case and they all got to play so it was in the 90 something range.



In Moab the busy season use to start the 3rd week of March and it was mostly the same for me. The disc tourney moved my busy season up a week. Now though, since Covid I've been busy a couple weeks in advance this year. The challenge is on Monday everything goes vacant and if everything re-rents the same day, it's impossible to get it all clean before new folks move in. If there were lots of people that worked here it might be possible but this is the boonies and lots isn't in the vocabulary.


Still with the challenge and despite being full in October with or without a disc tournament, Doug and I sat down today and went through the dates so as not to conflict with other already scheduled tournaments and we're going to do it again. We're is misleading. I provide the locations and Doug and his do all the work.

I have blocked Friday Oct 8th and Saturday Oct 9th from all booking sites so only disc golfers will be able to stay at that time. It's still just a two day minimum but that runs some risk. I had two rooms that initially booked just Friday and Saturday. Meaning that if your room rents to someone else who's staying two or more nights I need you to get all your stuff out before you go out for Sunday's round so we can get it clean for the new people coming in. Both rooms extended their booking for Sunday and I had offers for people who wanted to stay Sunday and Monday but once the disc'ers extended through Sunday then they couldn't book. So, we're doing it twice this year and we'll see how it goes as if to continue doing it twice a year.




No comments: