Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Tuesday Afternoon

I've been trying to put together in my head the things I have left to do before the season starts and I'd about got it figured out, couple little loose ends but mostly done and a time frame. Then Jax showed up and frankly all I want to do is go hiking. I looked to see what time it was suppose to be the warmest time of the day and it did get up to about 40 but right when we headed out the wind came up and it didn't feel like 40. When we got up on top by Doug's hogan there were a lot of mountain lion tracks.


I went out to throw hot dogs tonight and there, for the third time past the fire pit, was the face with four eyes. I threw a hot dog to the right and one to the left and two eyes went in each direction. That's a big relief. Still that could have gone bad too. It could have been one eye up and one eye down that went in each direction but they were level. After finally getting all the eye colors sorted out and identified to which critter it belongs to I didn't want to play dimensional eyes and identify creatures of the night by how many eyes they had on their face.


My raven teacher and I had some nice conversation this morning but it was going so well I didn't want to break it up and got get the camera so I'll keep the Go Pro by the door now. We talked for 15 minutes and Jax kept staring at me like what is this new game we're playing as it was first time he witnessed it. For the first time I spoke first and raven teacher mimicked my raven talk responding in kind. Another raven came along and got teacher and they left together. Ten minutes after they were gone a male shape shinned hawk landed in the tree and I had to yell at him to get him to leave. I'll tell raven teacher tomorrow and see what teacher can do about it. 




No comments: