Thursday, January 30, 2020

Thursday Hiking with Jax: Hurrah Pass

Jax is so happy to be back. We're hiking every day. Today, despite up Hurrah and back, about five and a half miles, Jax was crazy all the way up and back. Kept jumping up in the air biting at my gloves, and pushing me from behind, just looking for trouble. Twice on the way up and I lost track how many times on the way back we just set down in the road and glove fought or wrestled while he ran and rolled all over the place. He just couldn't get enough.

It was cold when we started out but looked like the sun was going to break out but half way up it hadn't. I was bundled up good though and Jax hasn't had a hair cut in awhile so we were good.
Then it did break out and I was sweating like crazy by the time we got to the top.



Was nice just sitting on top for a half hour or so. Probably mid 40s with some 50s coming next week. Hard to believe I'm about a month from going to get Kobae already and six weeks from the disc tournament which is sold out and has a waiting list and five people on the waiting list for rooms. I emailed Doug to see if he'd drop his price from $700 a night for his hogan and he went down to $500 but nothing less. I'm not even going to ask anybody. I get $425 for the main house. I read the World Championship Disc tourney is in Ogden Utah this year.

I have three weekends sold out this spring already and most all of the nine days of Jeep Week is gone. I've rented Linny's room out for about 15 days in the next two months because everything else was taken and I've got two weddings this year, and probably a third by next week. I'm going to have to find somebody to work here sooner than I thought because clearly I'm not going to get anything done when I can go hiking every day.



No comments: