Sunday, November 17, 2019

A guy pulls up to an adventure lodge.......

Says "Middle of nowhere. I bet nothing happens out here." I say "That's a reflection on you, not me, for you can't see, everything is going on." He laughs and drives off. Then a pigeon lands. I think Johnny had a pigeon across the river which he released when he quit working there five or so years ago. Where it's been until a couple days ago I don't know but it's here now and sleeps on the garage roof. If I had hawks it would be dead but the ravens have taken care of that.

Then the Day Time Fox visited.I've never seen this before but the Yellow Jackets are going around to the bird baths and dog bowl and trying to drown. They fall in, try to get to shore, I rescue them, then they fall in again, and despite 10 or so rescue saves per day usually a couple of them drown. I haven't seen the Sharp-shinned hawk but the Red-winged blackbirds are nervous constantly. Kobae has been sucking up the last rays of sun and it's time for bed.I hear a ringtail complaining. It wants a hot dog.
Jax goes on alert and I look up the hill to see a deer walking down it. Then the sun goes down and I got this followed by one Rachel took staying over at the Main House.

I wonder how many of these nothing happens my side by side friend has ever seen in his life?

No comments: