Monday, May 6, 2019

Base Camp and Movie News: Shooting Day Two

Sunday began early like every day does. Breakfast is at 6am and the day's meeting at 7am. Then it's off to make up and wardrobe and shooting begins. Much of the crew is up well before then. The shower between Linny and my rooms from the old days is always in use. I went to take a shower in there yesterday and thought three or four dogs had been washed prior to me.

I don't think I've ever had an ironing board on the front porch.
Here is roughly a day or two's gas needs.
The river dropped another couple feet on Sunday and it's back down to ten feet or so below the bank. It's a good feeling. If we get lucky and the temps stay in the 70s and 80s in the mountains it will all continue to melt at an even rate. There are no rain days for shooting though some indoor scenes can be moved around to replace outdoor if it does come but the disaster of flooding next door always looms based on a couple degrees temperature in the Colorado Rockies.
Sunday scenes were shot in the big garage, behind it, and around the corner and below the main house. I saw the four guys staying in the main house watching the shooting from above. And here's what the boathouse looked like after shooting in there.
I know that tool belt. I saw it a Lowes or Home Depot. I'm surprised somebody on the crew shops at building supply locations but looking at it a little closer it's a make up belt to go. Really.
Doug has about completed his hogan and cast and crew moved in. The project is a little bigger than I thought it was going to be.





No comments: