Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Year of the Hayduker

Last year 14 Haydukers came by the lodge nearly doubling the previous year's total and now with the last three days I'm up to 13 but it's late in the Hayduke season. Chris from Dillon comes through and he's making tracks. Fills up with water and is gone. Late start to beat the heat so some catching up to do.

Amir from Santa Cruz showed up late at night a little lost, slept in the following morning and got a late start. It's the heaviest backpack I've ever seen from any hiker coming through here. Most weigh between 15 and 25 pounds. With water Amir's weighed 65 pounds. It's crazy stuff.
Mike from Tucson showed up just an hour or so after Amir left and spent the night. With morning Jax and I hiked out with him to the Wind Caves turn off and then said good bye. Veronica who came through a week or so ago emailed me to tell me where she found water so I've been able to pass it on to everyone.



No comments: