Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Tuesday Hike and Stuff

A couple weeks ago I got an email that a friend who had started some youth soccer programs with us had passed. Then the news that Ron Newman the legendary coach of the San Diego Sockers was gone. Almost everything I learned about coaching indoor soccer I learned from Ron and hanging out at Socker's practices at our facility. The rest I got from Erich Geyer who visits here at the lodge most every year. I'm pretty sure I'm going to live forever but my friends are passing more frequently. I suppose it's possible I will too.
Jax and I step outside for our morning hike and there are two foxes lying down in the parking lot, asleep, waiting for a hot dog. I throw a couple out and as we walk down the driveway there are four mule deer eating just off the road.
Two side by sides are in getting top ends and yesterday the Polaris wouldn't start so I have no side by sides. Critters got Linny's Jeep when Jax was gone, the only vehicle hit this year. So, we're down to the truck. We have to find a maintenance person and we have to find somebody to replace Linny leaving in less than three weeks and I guess it would be prudent for me to find somebody that could fill in for me should something happen until Linny or Heather want to run the place someday. I've had very little luck with locals, who aren't really locals, just people that were passing through Moab and never left. They're good for a couple weeks but work ethic isn't what it use to be.

On Monday Jen who use to work with me at Let's Play showed up. Haven't seen or heard from her in maybe five years. On Monday morning Jen, her dog, Jax and I go hiking and we talk. I offer her Linny's job with potential for more. She's a proven winner and I know her work ethic. She'll think about it. I tell her I'm going to keep looking so let me know when you know.
I'm running down Hurrah and I'm making good time when two people show up on electric bicycles coming down. We talk, and talk, and my best time slips away.
I know a place, little bit weird, where all kinds of creative people hang out and sometime they have concerts out of the blue. It's a little bit Woodstock and a whole bunch of ThunderDome. Maybe I can get a maintenance person and a house cleaning person. We'll check it out when Linny, Jax, and I go to town later to get critter food and check on the Kmyco's to see if either one is ready.


No comments: