Thursday, May 10, 2018

Happy Birthday Best Friend

My best friend in the whole world turned 15 today. She wasn't suppose to survive born at 1 pound four ounces or so.

The very first time she wanted to go hiking with the dogs and I at 2 or 3 years old I told her she couldn't go. Her response was "Tom, I guess you didn't hear me the first time. I'm going." It was where I worked in the industrial parks of San Diego and we hiked into the night and didn't get back until very late. I put her to bed and then got ready myself. When I went in to check on her before going off to sleep she was jumping up and down on her bed with both her fists out. "You want a piece of me Tom? You want some of this. Come on Tom. I'll fight you with one hand behind my back." I said "No Linny, I don't want a piece of you. Go to sleep."

I went in and woke Linda up and said "She's not going to die. Her heart is do big it barely fits in her chest."

Here we are. Fifteen years later. Still full of fire. I couldn't have a better friend.

Happy Birthday Linny.





No comments: