Thursday, May 24, 2018

Always Something

The lodge and Last Hurrah are buried in people and as usually it's Linny and I. Linda emailed to say she had the week off and was coming out to help Linny but she wouldn't get in until around 1am. At midnight Linny and I headed to Moab. Driving along the canyon road just where it goes from wide to narrow and with the radio busted I had the window down and it was quiet. As we drove along the road I heard a faint "Help." I slowed down and saw an arm waving from in the marsh.
It's two guys and a girl and they've rolled over. The driver says "I looked down for just a second and then we were going through the air." The other guy passenger and Linny pull the girl up to the road. She full of cactus and they are using Linny and my's headlamps and tweezers we had in the door to pull them out. She's got a large bump on her head and everybody else is scraped up. While Linny works on cactus and potential injuries I try to tow strap the vehicle to stand it up. The driver swears if I can stand it up he can back out. On the third tug the tow straps broke right as a guy in a truck with a winch pulls up and he takes over. I'm not sure the driver had a clear picture of the plan, his plan. In time the truck winched him up. Nobody wanted a ride to the hospital and as we were coming back the injured vehicle was being placed on a flat bed truck for it's departure.



No comments: