Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Just a Bunch of Stuff

So busy. The disc golf tournament ends two weekends ago and most everybody was gone by Monday except for Jana. She became friends with Linny and helped Linny clean everyday. Jana saved us over the last ten days. To explain how busy it is. A few days ago between cash collected and deposits put down this year income has passed all of last year, in the middle of March. The best month we'd ever had was $17,000 and we're at $21,000 right now and might do $30,000. Or, $1,000 per day. It's crazy. Linny went home yesterday for a few days to prepare for her 15th birthday which I guess is a big deal in the Hispanic community and will be back Friday.



Interesting guests over the last week. Linny took guests out to the Cowboy Camp and found the partial remains of another hawk likely devastated by ravens. I haven't seen a live hawk since I got back from picking up Kobae. The ravens that I've complained so much about are taking a toll on the hawks who were taking a toll on the songbirds. Feels odd being on the same side as the ravens.

Somebody dug up the hawk Linny and I buried.

I took guests on a hike through the Rock Garden to Skinny People and then they did a 12 mile hike all the way around Jackson Hole and up into Jackson Butte where they found the remains of a big horn sheep. Now we know where the last kill the mountain lion made.
The washing machine at the lodge broke and flooded the laundry room and at the moment what is Kobae's room. Some sensor doesn't work and they've ordered it so we've been running to Last Hurrah Main House to do laundry between people checking in and out.
There are always rooms, hogans, or houses to clean, trash cans to empty all over the property, propane gas canisters or water jugs to be moved around and water to be pumped between the properties. The days are long but somehow quick.
The river has risen six inches in the last couple days and is starting to creep around this side of the island again. Took Beth (guest) to the Wind Caves and ran into a couple that was sort of lost so they followed us and took all for a hike to the top. They tipped me $10. It was cute.
Have some really nice guests staying in both the male and female hogans at Last Hurrah for a week and they've been active. Road their bikes out to Chicken Corner yesterday and today I dropped them in town for what turned into a six hour kayak back. I added a clause to the waiver that if things go bad I get to rifle through your stuff and take it to the swap meet at the Rez. They were the first guests to go down the river this year and without me having had a chance to go first and check it out so here's a picture I took in case I never saw them again.
They all made it back.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Guess I should have read that piece of paper before I signed it. Lol!