Thursday, November 24, 2016

Mama They Crazy

The annual base jumper Turkey Boogie is a secret of sorts event. If it's official they have to get BLM permits, insurance, and I'm sure there's a bunch of other stuff so nobody takes credit for it or claims to be in charge. You've got to be "in" or it's hard to find out what's going on. I'm clearly not in. While previously always on Thanksgiving morning at the Tombstones this year I'm at the lodge picking up all the leftover solar stuff on Wednesday afternoon when guests check in and tell me the Tombstone parking lot is full. Checking online sure enough it was from 2 to 5pm on Wednesday instead of Thanksgiving morning. So this morning I head over and do find about 15 guys still jumping during the 30 or so minutes I was there but after the first two apparently my GoPro shut off so all I got was two jumps. Unfortunate because I saw my first double forward flip today before pulling the chute.

No comments: