Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Monday, 4th of July, Day to Remember

All the guests were gone around noon. I gather up laundry and start working on rooms. Kobae came out about 1:30 or so and I got him some romaine and put it on the front porch. Phone rang, I answered, talked, hung up. When I walked into the kitchen I couldn't remember if I finished the phone conversation. Reached down to get Kobae some more romaine and I fell a part. I cramped up, leaned on the counter to get by the door, got the package open and put the three romaines on the kitchen floor. I wasn't sure if I was going to stay conscious. I was hoping Kobae would come inside and I'd fall to the door and close it so he didn't go back outside and wander off. Kobae came in and headed for the romaine. I tried to move to the door but couldn't. I was frozen. Only my eyes were working and they hurt when I moved them. I was in a crouched position and locked there.

Kobae finished, peed on the floor, and walked right by me outside. I couldn't do anything. I even tried to fall forward and block his path and couldn't. I had the Walkie with me and heard people talking so I called for help but no one answered and eventually lost my voice. Kobae came back in the house to look for more food and I heard a side by side coming up the driveway. They went right on by and up to the hogans, then blew by on the way back out. From where I was crouched I couldn't be seen from the outside. Sweat was pouring off my head into my face. Then two more side by sides came up the driveway. I couldn't see them but could hear them. They also drove right by. I thought somebody would see Kobae and stop and come inside but they didn't. Even if someone would have come in I was in a crouched position just past the door up against the dish washer with sweat pouring down me. I wouldn't have been able to talk and probably only move my eyes. The last two side by sides left. For the rest of this ordeal it would just be Kobae and I.

After probably two hours crouched I could feel everything cramping but couldn't do anything about it. At some point I fell forward blocking the door and threw up five or six times. I knew when I was done I was going to have to get a hand or arm under my head or I'd drown in my throw up. When I fell to the floor I was able to get my right hand under my head and turn my head to the side. In time I rolled over on my back but the effort caused me to throw up more.

I tried to keep my mind thinking and thoughts raced through my head. I could hear mosquitoes landing on me but I couldn't feel them biting and this morning I can't find any bites. I kept trying to keep my mind active and I went into a dream which was woken when Kobae bit me on the arm. I didn't know if he just wanted me to finish feeding him or he knew something was wrong because he didn't bite me hard, just enough to wake me up. I fell back asleep and Kobae bit me again once more waking me up. I pushed my hand towards him. I couldn't move my hands on purpose but my reflexes still worked. I was afraid he was going to try to get to the fridge, go right over me and crush me. He backed up and left.

After dark I felt a little better and was able to sit up and see it was about 8:30 but I couldn't stand up so I laid back down. At 10:00 I was able to sit up again, but still not stand. At 11:30 I was able to get up. I was groggy for five minutes or so but felt pretty good after that.

For 10 hours and some I was locked inside a body that couldn't move. I could hear and see things going on around me but I couldn't affect the outcome of any of those things.

1 comment:

cyn said...

Anything you can wear or carry that works there that would bring help?